Saturday, April 14, 2007

3:54 one leisurely afternoon

I'm not really sure when it happened. I think it might have been somewhere around 3:54 one leisurely afternoon a few years back. But somewhere along the line I became a person with opinions and the passion to back them. You have to understand, this is a shocking turn of events. Most of my young life I have been the mellow one, going with the flow rather then creating waves. Then bam! (batman sound effects and all). I suddenly find myself owning the WaveMaker 3000 and studying the instructions.
My roommate and I watched HappyFeet last night. As we took a Chai brake (Thanks to the wonderful C&C for bulk buying) we starting discussing the several undercurrents of the movie and which ones were rubbing us wrong. I got lightheaded before I even realized I had jumped on my soap box and began a rant at altitudes not fit for humans (I attempted to gracefully step down and put it away, but tripped as usual).
Then this morning I was reading the BBC world news site. It is kinda a staple these days in the desperate attempt to remember that yes, in fact there is a world outside the universe know as the USA. They had an article on the New Creation Science Museum opening in Kentucky. Some dear friends of mine are involved with Answers In Genesis, the organizing building it. So I was interested to see what the article said. 5 minutes later I wasn't sure if I wanted to hurl, or just spite the writer. I even looked for the 'feedback button'!!! I have never been that person before!
The article was condescending to say the least. In the end I opted for neither (they didn't have the button) and went for the prayer instead (I even avoided the 'spite them', and went for the 'bless the museum and defend Your truth' one).
It made me again realize how much I have changed. The gusto still doesn't have a whole lot of outlets right now. Prayer seems to be the main conduit I am falling back on. Given some time I get the feeling that will start expanding to.
So for right now, I'll keep reading, keep looking for the feedback button, and keep asking God for humility to match and seasoned words (mine seem to be running for cover as of late).

P.S. Heres the article if your curious. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/6549595.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment