Hello from the land downunder. I'm here, I'm zonked, and more excited then I think i've been in years. Trip over had bumpes, including a ruff ferry ride, and the airport terminal being closed over night (amaizing shuttle drivers send by God come in really handy, so does a deck of cards for killing time at the gas station next door :-), and getting locked out of housing and stranded in a far away land. Now this is adventure! I'm here with my friend who has been mia for 6 months, off doing one of those silly 'seeking God at costs' DTS's...and it's grand. We go home the same day, stay at the same place, but I can't begin to tell how much God is doing in the time we have here. Including pounding thru build up from the last three months. Ug.
Up for this week include the blue mountains, aquarium, musiums, and you guest it...the opera house. They have a 'back stage tour'. a hike thru every bit and piece of the place. It's expecsive.....grrrr....but so grand I can't talk myself out of it. And now that I am here, in the process of planning it. I'm so excited I feel like I am going to come unglued!
I am excited to be almost done, but love this last week. Such a mixture of emotions. Looking forward to seeing everyone, and already missing a land that feels like it has become a part of me. I get the feeling it is going to take a while to process everything that has happened here.
So anyhoo. Hopefully more to come this week now that we have found the trusty library with internet.
On a bigger island in the south pacific. :-) Me
I get to go to Christchurch in Feb. for 10 days...I would love you to come over for dinner when you get back and hear about your trip and any recommendations!
ReplyDeleteBe safe!
Melynie
Great work.
ReplyDelete