Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wondrous people

I live amongst wondrous people. Stay in my world a week and you will know the truth in it.
These people, the amazing ones I call friends defy reason, boundaries, and everything I thought I knew about humans. They continually leave me feeling honored for the times I get to spend with them.

There is the dancer, the one with more life than anyone seems to have ever seen. She is the one who is an hour late or everything, because the wonders of the world beckon for her attention. She is the one who will spontaneously break into dance at any moment. And then go to Croecha to share that joy and her love of Jesus with anyone she can find. She is the one who never manages to get a flight that doesn't arrive until 1 am, And the first one to come get you if yours happens to do the same.

There is the painter. The videographer and artist, who walks around my little town in over sized glasses and hoop earrings, Looking like a celebrity in hiding. She is the one who housed me for half of my vagabond stint, taught me poi, and that people can still hold on in a hug for as long as you need. The one who reminds me that so many difficult things are worth fighting for. She is the one who will only paint her heart, and then break yours with the beauty of it. She is the coffee snob former barista who will go order her missionary budget drink in high healed boots and more style then I have in my pinky, and two months later be in a jungle village; sleeping on a dirt floor and providing medical care.

There is the red head. The one I only know legend of and a brief passing glance, but want to know more. Who can argue down her collage professors, and then go to Belize to back it up. the one who fulfills everything I think a feisty red head should be, but then blows my mind about passion and what one person can really change.

There is the man, capable of anything, and unsure of so much. The one that taught me I was little, and reminded me I was brave. He is the actor, that can steal your heart, or deceive your eyes. He is the musician who can make you laugh, or draw your breath. The brain that is always looking for a challenge. He is the one everyone loves, and would love more, if ever they really knew him.

There is the the air-force academy mother of three. The one who constantly reminds me what humility comes prepackaged in honesty, and that wanting to spend time with your kids is the best recipe for being a good parent. She is the one who taught me that love can come in tazo chai packages, and borrowed closet space. The generosity, comes in hugs, houses, and everything in between.

And then there is me. I am the woman who is still standing. Who just wont give up. The one whose friends wont let her. I am the one with the axe and the punching bag, who only knows how to use one of them. I am the writer who will change the world with her words, as soon I can find them. I am the jack of all trades, and a master of none. The one who lost my first love, or maybe just finding him. I am the one who isn't done yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment