The rabbit hole's going deeper
with stories and tales still to tell
of little girls and play things
of horrors and truths
Most times they all look the same
The rabbit hole's going deeper,
and I wonder if you stood at the top
could you see the end in this darkness?
would you follow, if you knew where it led?
Or turn your back and keep walking, mumbling that life is still good
or was it God that is good, I can't remember
Would His hand even reach here, this almighty God
Where so many hands already have?
Where the darkness runs deep and the light runs away
Would I see Him, if He did show his face?
Some like to talk of the God that once fought here
the scars that still litter the walls
of the risks that He took and the battles He raged
of the war that frayed both of our souls
when I close my eyes, which is rare in this place
sometimes I think He still hangs in the air
But the rabbit hole's going deeper
with time running circles again
the memories are tangles and the silence is falling
and I don't know remember the way to get out
No comments:
Post a Comment