Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ug...

Its been one of those weeks. The ones where at the end of the day your not sure who was holding the stick that beat you....you or everybody else. Ug, its the best two letter word I know to explain it. On the good side, getting to paint some walls to bless some friends, having a start date and location for the next Truth Project, and a meeting I was dreading that went great.
On the flip side, was painting some walls, writting hitting a wall (the solid 8 inch concrete kind) , alot of hard talk, and missing my family fifteen hundred miles away something fierce. Oh, and have I mentioned the number of major life questions I have floating above my head that I don't have answers to. Every so often a couple fall out of the thought bubble, hit me square on the head, and leave me needing four asprin.
In the midst of all this I also pursuid a white rabbit down a hole that led to something I have dreaded. An ugly saga and a snatched story idea from a few years back has reached its end. The person sucessfully got it published. I wanted to go on a rant. Find a very nice soap box and call it home for at least a four paragraphs. I had cause, my guts were laying strewn on the floor. And I even had notes prepared....how I learned some good lessons even if the hard way, about integrity and what happens when we cut corners for the sake of a prize. Now I'm not sure I even have the energy to step up, let alone rant.
My friend said it best tonight. 'you have no job, no home and no life....what are you stressed about?'. We both broke out laughing and I remembered why I drive seventy miles (in the snow! :-) to come play with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment