Kiwi I don't think I'm in shape enough to hike up a mountain with a 30 pound pack. So today began the 'traning'.....Jesika's driveway (don't underestimate the word). I have the house to myself for three days while she is off working, so I figured this would be the perfect time to try it. I did it!!! Granted it took me 3+ x the amount of time it takes her (took me the better part of an hour)...and I hurt alllllll over. But still. Grinning like an idiot with an amaizing view was worth it. Tomorrow, the "path" to her parents house, around the bay. I have reason to beleive that unlike her 45+ degree drive way, this one doens't go to the top of the hill. And that gives me hope :-)So I am here hanging out at the house...chilling...sorta. Truthfully I've felt like going insane. I'm stuck at the end of a peninsula, 3 hours from anywhere, feeling like I am visiting a friends house, not a foreign country. But I got to talk to my friend in OZ (australia) last night for quite a while, and we are close to the same time zone!!! She said what I had a sneeky suspicion of. Just rest. Just be. Wow, what a concept. My life for what feels like so long, when not revolving around work, has revolved about where I am going to sleep. Now suddenly it doesnt. I am here until probably the 11th. Then it looks like I get shown the South island locals style for a couple weeks. So all I do, is just be. Hang out , talk to God, until Jesika gets back (saturday), then help her with lots of chores.
When did resting get hard? When did NOT having to worry about the roof over my head, or money, or certain other things that go bumb in the night become the chalanging part?
It is beautiful here. In a cove, in the bay, with teal water and ducks that bark at me, and hills all around. And somewhere along the last week I feel like I forget how to talk to God. I'm suddenly remembering how good He is at getting our attention...and how many ways we distract ourselves. I am in New Zealand, and suddenly wondering why. (other then sharing the
747 with T.D. Jakes, yeah, that was cool, and a story :-). But I gave these three months to God. Litterally for what ever He wanted to do. So even if that means sitting at the end of a cove on a bay....I just don't wanna go home the same.
P.S. This is her driveway, looking across at it
No comments:
Post a Comment