Thursday, September 20, 2007

end of summer

Summer in ending. The tell tale signs are everywhere. I went to work this morning in the dark (I don't care that it was 6 am, its wrong.), I have rediscovered my favorite fleeces and the fact that my hair falls flat in the face of drizzle, and finally that Edmonds, is once again beginning its annual 'shut the town down by 5pm' tradition. Ug.
So...a little ode to summer, it was a duzy. It has held incredible highs, and the terminal velocity hitting the concrete kind of lows to back them up.
Some of the highs included getting to see two of my best friends in one local for the first time ever, submitting my first fiction for publication, playing with fire poi, one cold skinny dip, and my most talented move to date; locking myself on the back balcony...and having to ask my valiant neighbor to break into my place, to get me off the back deck. And yes, this counts as a high for shear laugh factor.
Some of the lows included things like a death in the family, 3 rounds of spills on my back (two were the full air banana peel kind), and other stuff that shall remain nameless for quite a while. August got nicknamed the month that just wouldn't die.
So I would just like to take a moment of silence. The weather I will miss a little, the rest i will not.
Next week my roomy leaves for oz yet again, another dear friend leaves for Montana, and my new roommate moves in. This is defiantly the change in seasons. May the next 4 months bring rain, and the knowledge of a God that is still beyond my reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment