I discovered this week I actually kinda like carrot juice. Its not all that random when you add up the recent add ins to my favorites list. Mustard, Mushrooms, Chai Lattes, natural cheetos. But still , its a little up there on the strange scale. I tried it fresh in NZ. My first thought was quite possibly the same as yours....oh my. But by the end of the glass....interesting. So I found my new favorite people, bolthouse farms. And of their many offerings, you guessed it, 100% carrot juice is one of them. Its kinda like the first time someone hands you the weird gooey kids toy. At first it's just gross, but after a while it's kinda cool. Yeah, thats it.
And the other scary word....'send'. Its a mild word. You probably use it every day with out even knowing it's hidden power. I submitted one of my stories for publications today. I double checked the address, the guidelines, the subject line. I even doubled checked to make sure the story really was attached. The story itself has been gone over with a small tooth comb and then some. But still, I sat staring at that one little word...send. Knowing the power this little word held as it sat mocking me. Would it hold 6 weeks of mind numbing waiting, or maybe only 3. Would it return happy news, or a try again later.
I decided there was only once response. I beat it into submission and am going home to have some carrot juice.
No comments:
Post a Comment