Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Exit stage left


So I'm leaving town. This all feels so crazy. Since I feel like I just got here. I moved to Washington almost a year and a half ago. God said jump and I said where. To explain my life since then would be almost laughable. I can say genuinely it has brought some of the greatest joys in my life, and some pretty big lessons. But more then all of it, it has taught me what a wondrous God I serve.
So now...I'm going to new Zealand. I leave in about 5 weeks, and don't come back till January. What happens after that to this vagabond extraordinar is fair game. I've only left the country a couple times. 1 if you discount numerous trips to Canada. and lets face it. 1 week in Peru 10 years ago doesn't really compete here. On the surface this has all the makings of an amazing sight seeing adventure. Thru a set of unreal circumstances (including loosing a job, having no other commitments, and new found friend in NZ) The doors are open and away I go. But my gut (and apparently quite a few other peoples) tells me this isn't just a holiday. That God is up to something major, and this is me, along for the ride. At a work even one of the my last days, I found a toe ring, with foot prints. As soon as I saw it I knew what it meant, for me, it meant follower of Christ. I chose to follow God this far. Thru all of the wonder, craziness, and hardship. And the ring is a simple reminder that I will continue to. I know what your thinking, 'like it is hard to follow God to New Zealand'. And I soooo agree. But there are so many things tied into this. The money alone has been a step of faith, and amazing, all at the same time. (the life of a vagabond with your life in your cars...means you really shouldn't have enough money to do this, in two weeks!) So here I go, upside and all around His.

No comments:

Post a Comment